Term Position till end of March 2020 with possibility extension to March 2021
First Nation Healing Centre is a non-profit corporation which is presently seeking an Executive Director to advance the Centre further and continue to provide a safe shelter to women and children.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Executive Director shall:
- Provide strategic leadership, administration, and fund development for the agency
- Provide effective management of the day-to-day operations and ensure the efficient operation of the Shelter
- Monitor program needs and service delivery in relation to Shelter objectives and goals, provide direction to staff, and recommend developmental changes or operational improvements
- Oversees management of the organization’s human resources according to authorized personnel policies and ensures compliance with employment and workplace legislation.
- Ensures effective recruitment, development, performance and retention of the organization’s employees.
- Preserve an accessible, safe and supportive environment to women and children
- Act as Liaison to build and maintain good relations with key partners, donors, and the community at large
- Ensures financial management practices and prudent management of the organization’s resources within approved budget and applicable program and legislative guidelines
- A degree in Social Work or other appropriate related field
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in the provision of direct services
- Previous demonstrated leadership in personnel management
- Outstanding communication skills
- Experience in grant writing, fundraising and budget development are essential
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of issues affecting Aboriginal women and children is required
- Demonstrated skills and ability as a team leader, facilitator, mediator, negotiator and problem-solver
- Must adhere to Criminal Record Check, Child and Adult Abuse Record Checks
- Hold a valid Class 5 license and reliable vehicle
Please forward your resume (via fax or email) by Friday, July 26, 2019 @4:30 pm along with three (3) written references to:
Koostatak, MB ROC 1S0
Fax: (204) 645-2546 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. The successful candidate will be subject to a pre-screening drug test (as per the FRCN Drug By-Law 2004-01).*